VERY important message

quäldich-Intern

Einloggen, um einen Kommentar zu verfassen

"must to go"-passes/places in Western Italy

• krievens, 04.09.2011, 19:33 Uhr 05.09.2011, 11:14 Uhr
    I plan a big tour in Italy/Fance next summer!
    Start and stop in Nice.
    First I want to go into western Liguria, then Cuneo in Piemonte and with colle di Sampeyre and Colle de Fenestrelle ,then into France again for the return to Nice via col de la Bonette or col de la Cayolle.!
    Somebody who has "must to go"- passes/mountains or places in the first part of this tour they want to tell me about?!
    (Nice-Sospel-Pigna- Pieve di Teco-Mondovi...)

best regards
    Kristian
    Oslo
  • Renko, 04.09.2011, 20:57 Uhr 05.09.2011, 11:14 Uhr
    Hello Kristian

From Nice towards Cuneo, one option is the road up to the Col di Tenda: however, while spectacular, the condition on the south (French) side is pretty miserable...

A better route is the dream-pass Col de la Lombarde, from Isola in France to Demonte in Piemonte. From there, the wild and beautiful route over Col dei Morti and Sampeyre/Agnel leads to France.

Heading back towards Nice, the Bonette is the popular one due to its height, while the Cayolle appeals to those who appreciate scenery instead of statistics.

Hope this is of some help.

Good luck with your tour.

Greetings

Renko
  • helmverweigerer, 05.09.2011, 09:02 Uhr 05.09.2011, 11:14 Uhr
    From Cuneo you should definitely make Colle dei Morti!

From Liguria there are very nice passes leading into Piemonte to drive to Cuneo. But do not underestimate the hills in Liguria. The altimeters will add up!

Lukas
  • Jan, 05.09.2011, 11:14 Uhr
    Hi Christian,
    have a look at the trip we offered end of August:
    http://seealpen.quaeldich.de/
    Her you will find the overview map:
    http://seealpen.quaeldich.de/strecke.php

This should be pretty much what you are looking for. We will offer this trip in 2012 again, maybe beginning of september. But you can take the route as a basis for your own plans to add some climbs in Liguria (which are not included).

Yours, Jan
Einloggen, um zu kommentieren